Who we are ...
Steven H. Comstock
As a self-employed trainer since 1975, Steve has been involved in many projects, including:
- Writing course materials to be used by other instructors in the business, including
materials purchased by Toppan Moore-Learning Co. of Tokyo, Japan which were translated
into Japanese and used to teach classes in Tokyo and Osaka
- Providing training to both technical and marketing personnel from companies in the IS
industry, such as Storage Technology Corp., Pansophic Systems, and IBM
- Helping companies like PS Technologies in Colorado, and Principal Financial in Iowa
train entry-level programmers
- Making presentations at training and technical conferences, such as SHARE
- Helping talented people such as Hunter Cobb and John King get started in the technical
training business as self-employed professionals
- Teaching classes for companies such as US West Communications (now CenturyLink) in Bellevue,
WA and Denver, CO, Sears in Hoffman Estates, IL, ING in Amsterdam, Holland, and government organizations
such as the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation, and UCLA
- Steve has primary course development responsibilities for courses in these areas:
- TSO / ISPF / Dialog Manager / CLIST / REXX
- JCL / Utilities / Linkage Editor / Program Binder
- Assembler Language
- Inter-Language Communication
- Dump reading / batch debugging
- z/OS Unix System Services
- Web on z/OS
- Language Environment (LE).
Prior background and experience
1974-1975: Denver, Colorado
IBM Educational Development Representative. Created and taught
training programs on the IBM 3850 Mass Storage System (MSS) around the U.S. and in Europe.
1971-1973: Denver, Colorado
IBM Instructor. Taught customer classes in DOS, OS, OS/VS, COBOL,
Assembler, and PL/I.
1968-1971: Albuquerque, New Mexico
IBM Systems Engineer. Served clients in banking, inventory, accounting
1966-1968: Duluth, Minnesota
Mathematics Instructor, University of Minnesota (Duluth campus).
Taught classes in calculus, group theory and complex variables.
M.S. Mathematics, 1967, University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
B.A. Mathematics, 1965, MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois
About Hunter's Training Associates, LLC
This page last updated: 29 July, 2014
Copyright © 2014 by Hunter's Training Associates, LLC