Using LE Services in z/OS - Course Objectives
On successful completion of this course, the student, with the aid of the
appropriate reference materials, should be able to:
- Code programs using one or more of the LE-conforming compilers:
- IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390, COBOL for OS/390 & VM
- z/OS C/C++, XL C/C++
- IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS, PL/I for MVS & VM, Visual Age PL/I for OS/390
- or Assembler language
- If appropriate, include FORTRAN programs in the mix, even though none of
the current FORTRAN compilers are LE-conforming
- Invoke LE message management services to create and issue user run time messages
- Use LE storage management services for holding large tables or entire files in virtual storage
- Use LE condition handling routines to intercept and handle appropriate conditions under
- Use LE date and time services for working with dates, times, and durations.
Assembler programmers may explore using preintialization services and Library Routine Retention
Note: z/OS V1R6 and later support 64-bit LE-conforming applications in C/C++ and Assembler.
LE callable services are not supported. There are some new runtime options to support AMODE 64. 64-bit issues are not
discussed in this course, but are covered in a separate course.
M512 / 3 Days
These Materials © Copyright 2011 by Steven H. Comstock
Materials version: V4.x
This page last updated: 1 August, 2014
Copyright © 2014 by Hunter's Training Associates, LLC